• Sara Seiter
    Hello Readers,
    My name is Sara and I work on the Syringe Exchange. I will be writing a monthly article about the SSP. So to start out I figured this month we would start out with explaining what the SSP is. Here are some common questions I found.
    1.What is a SSP- A SSP provides safe and sterile supplies. Can help client get engaged with treatment and health care.
    2. Do SSP help reduce infections- Yes they do They reduce blood-borne diseases. SSPs are associated with an estimated 50% reduction in HIV and HCV incidence.
    3. Do SSPs cause more needles in public places- No. Studies show that SSPs protect the public and first responders by providing safe needle disposal.
    All these facts and more can be found out at cdc.gov. Hope you might of learned something new. Talk to you all next month with a new SSP topic.
  • Wayne Griffin Jr
    This is worthy if repeating so that we can be prepared to answer questions from those uniformed about S.A.F.E. Services.
    1.What is a SSP- A SSP provides safe and sterile supplies. Can help client get engaged with treatment and health care.
    2. Do SSP help reduce infections- Yes they do They reduce blood-borne diseases. SSPs are associated with an estimated 50% reduction in HIV and HCV incidence.
    3. Do SSPs cause more needles in public places- No. Studies show that SSPs protect the public and first responders by providing safe needle disposal.
    All these facts and more can be found out at cdc.gov . Hope you might of learned something new. Talk to you all next month with a new SSP topic.
    Sara Seiter
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet