• Rachael Acra
    Women Helping Women:
    "Founded in 1973, Women Helping Women (WHW) prevents gender-based violence and empowers all survivors. WHW provides evidence-based prevention and expert crisis intervention and support services for survivors of dating violence, sexual violence, domestic violence and stalking" Women Helping Women has offices in Hamilton County, Butler County, and one office for Adams & Brown Counties.
    WHW website: https://www.womenhelpingwomen.org/

    Women Helping Women have a 24/7 hotline survivors/anyone can text/call. The hotline can provide support, crisis intervention, answer questions, provide/connect to resources, etc. Hotline number is 513-381-5610

    Services WHW provides:
    -Hospital Accompaniment for sexual assault survivors
    -One-on-one Crisis intervention
    -Legal advocacy including court and law enforcement accompaniment and assistance in completing protection order paperwork
    -Support groups

    Attached is a list of important numbers/resources for DV survivors.

    Other DV survivor resources:

    - Survivors of DV or sexual violence can call The Ohio Sexual Violence Helpline to request new door locks, key, and deadbolt, wireless motion alarms, and slide locks free of charge. Survivors can call 1-844-OHIO-HELP (1-844-644-6435) to request these items. The hotline also provides confidential emotional support, crisis response, and info. about options/local resources available to survivors or friends/family of survivors.
    -VINE (Victim Information and Notification Everyday) is free, anonymous, and available to anyone. VINE provides 24-hour access to the custody status of offenders in the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction, county jails, and juvenile inmates in the Department of Youth Services. VINE also provides automated telephone/email notification when the offender has a change in custody, release, transfer, escape, re-arrest, or death. You can visit www.VINELink.com for more information. An advocate from WHW can assist survivors in registering over the phone via the hotline.
  • cody kincer
    I have a woman who says she has no addiction issues has a broken I have a woman who says she has no addiction issues has a broken leg and a victim of domestic violence. I referred her to the Esther center for women and they didn’t have a bottom bunk for her can anyone help me
  • Rachael Acra
    Hey Cody. I would suggest calling the YWCA first. They are the domestic violence shelter in the area. The number is 513-872-9259. There are some other domestic violence shelters outside of Hamilton County as well that could be an option. If the YWCA doesn't have any beds I can direct you to those shelters. Do you happen to know if she is connected with Women Helping Women? If it is easier, you can email me at or call/text my cell at 513-390-4431.
  • Hannah Schilling
    Racheal is an amazing resource for this predicament. I wanted to share a few other options as well to supplement her.

    I have attached the brochure for the YWCA. Pam is the shelter manager and may be able to assist further.

    Some other options could be to contact the CAP Line at 513-381-SAFE. They can also assist in direct referrals. They work with Bethany House, Salvation Army, Interfaith Hospitalities and Strategies to End Homelessness. You may also benefit from contacting these organizations independently.
    YWCA (2M)
Add a Comment

Welcome to Recovery Connections!

We encourage you to create an account to help grow our community of contributors!