• Rachael Acra
    Hi everyone!

I wanted to make a post about my work with Colerain QRT in honor of Overdose Awareness this August.

I go out every Thursday with a Colerain police officer and medic and follow-up with residents that have had an overdose incident within the past week. The goal is to help connect these residents with treatment resources, whatever that may look like for them (inpatient, outpatient, MAT, etc.). If the client is not interested in treatment resources at the time of the follow-up, I try to give out harm reduction resources (Narcan, fentanyl test strips, etc.) or even connect the client to any services they may need, including housing resources, food resources, insurance, food stamps, etc. QRT really just wants the clients to know that there are people who care and are there for them no matter what.

QRT does follow-ups with anyone experiencing any kind of overdose incident, whether that be unintentional or intentional. We also follow-up with clients who are experiencing any kind of issue with drugs or alcohol, even if that doesn't include an overdose. We often have clients who were drinking alcohol while driving or drinking and needed assistance from the PD or EMS and we follow-up with them as well.

If you have any questions about QRT in Colerain or need to reach me for any reason, feel free to reach out to me at or on my cell phone at 513-390-4431!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Recovery Connections!

We encourage you to create an account to help grow our community of contributors!